Totally forgot I had this one to tell you about. :)
I bought a mini grinder and as the first project decided to try and make a blush. Did not end up so good - looks nice and pink in the baggie but totally orange on the cheeks - used too much iron oxide red. I guess true pink is not achievable with any oxides - needs either red lakes or beetlepow(d)er. Grinder was surprisingly big as well - I only had TKB tablespoon-sized samples to play with and therefore tried to use them sparingly.
I do have some complaints about the grinder though :S. It's not as powerful as I'd like - it made noises as if the task would be to difficult for it whenever I tried to shake the powder loose from one or other side. The grinding bit is placed in the middle of the jar and does not reach the bottom of the jar so mixing is not as effective as it should have been. I was hoping to use it for small batches but unfortunately it wont work that way - it wont reach the pigments. Turning it upside down wont help either.
|looks dirty on my skin|
DIY MMU is a very messy business - gloves are strongly advised. I cannot remember what was it excatly that I used but I seem to remember various white and colored micas, titanium dioxide and some pearl powder being used. I got a bit smarter as a result - one should be very careful with oxides - those buggers are very potent. Also - one should not use titanium dioxide as base material - it's much too clingy and much too opaque and texture will be horrible, better to use some treated half-opaque micas instead.
|with very light hand|